I love colourful foods, it’s a great way to make food look appetising and pretty for instagram. My dad said this dish was like “eating with your eyes and would be great for putting on the table for special occasions”. It was my first time cooking a vegan quiche so I wasn’t sure how it would turn out but it actually tasted pretty darn good. It’s super healthy because it’s packed full of veggies which not only make for pretty decorations but also provide you with essential nutrients.
(If you don’t have a purple sweet potato you could substitute for a regular sweet potato). For the veggies I used courgette, yellow pepper and diced carrot which is directly on top of the crust then I put the tofu quichey layer and topped it with tomato, beetroot and jalapeno.
- For the crust place 450g of grated purple sweet potato in a blender with 80g of chickpea flour, 175ml of water and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Put the mixture into a tart dish and bake for 15 minutes (it will be a squidgy mixture not doughy, dough not worry :p)
- For the quichey layer blend 250g of silken tofu with 20g of nutritional yeast and 60ml of soy milk
- Precook your veggies and put them on top of the crust then layer with quichey mix then top with decorative veg
- Bake for about 45 minutes
This dish was inspired by a vegan quiche I saw by Rainbow Nourishments